WALKING ON THE SEASIDE: Araromi Beach Experience.

THE JOURNEY

     Woke up at 4 am, just to be sure I didn't oversleep nor be the one everybody will have to be waiting for since I organised this trip. Today was the day I had waited and planned to attend the not so popular but yet beautiful Araromi beach located in Ondo state, and you read it right, Ondo state.

     Stepped out of my house at 6AM in search of ice blocks for the drinks and to also collect the fresh, small chops I paid for the previous day.

     The bus picked me up at Alagbaka at 7am, with the earlier tasks checked off my list. I got other logistics in place before heading to the General meet up point for everybody going for the trip, which was at the famous Chicken Republic at Roadblock.


      Our bus took off at 8:35 am, and we head in the direction of the beach at the Ilaje Local government Area, which on Google map, the estimated time of arrival was 3hrs35mins and as we followed the part mapped out on Google to the letter, Akure to Ore was a smooth, fun trip. The bus was lively with people getting to know each other, playing music, cracking jokes and arguing about silly things. On arriving at Ore, we had a stopover at a gas station where people took the chance to ease themselves or stretch as we prepared for the rest of our fun trip. I checked my map and it was recorded that we had covered about an hour of the trip, with 2hrs, 30 minutes more to go.

     Focused on reaching our destination, the atmosphere in the vehicle continued to soar.  I could almost smell or taste the unity. All phones out, set to Google map, eyes on the road and hearts longing for the beach. Araromi beach was about to receive its best visitors yet.

     As we journeyed, we continued to have fun on the bus, someone cracked jokes, our self-nominated DJ entertained us with cool jams out of his Bluetooth speakers. The mood surely was that of a happy bunch. And we maintained it all the way.

     Two hours, thirty-eight minutes later, we arrived at Araromi seaside beach. And here comes the juiciest stuff...

THE BEACH EXPERIENCE

   As the driver parked, I could read the faces of everybody, we all felt like jumping off the bus. The excitement had reached its climax. Swiftly, as I sat close to the door, I pulled the door wide open and we all rushed out of the bus. Believe me, at this point, we didn't waste any time in distributing the various coolers amongst ourselves and walking from the car park to the beach.

     A few minutes later, I was standing on the shores of Araromi beach, it was everything I had imagined. It was natural, it was beautiful, it was serene. I looked to my right as I stood there, with the waves throwing the water around my legs, I couldn't see the end of the coastline. I could see the canoes used by the fishermen there, all lined up by the beach. So, I turned to my left, the coastline went on and on. Truly, Araromi beach has the longest coastline in Africa and I have confirmed it for myself.

     Without further ado, I brought out my camera and began to take every shot I could, this memory, I was planning to have it forever. Looking through my lens, I could see my guys and girls having maximum fun. I could see them all in the water, some swimming, others just thrilled as the water splashed against their legs. I could see the kind of genuine laughter you couldn't put a price tag on. It was obvious to see that these people needed this and they were enjoying every second of it.

     After a while, I figured out that with the amount of fun my friends were having, they had forgotten that we had coolers filled with food, drinks, and cocktails. So, I had to take the point in that. I opened up the coolers and started distributing their food and drinks to them. Some collected it while others were just too engrossed in the fun, neither food nor drinks mattered.

     The fun continued, I bathed in water, I formed sand castles, I destroyed them, I joined others to run a race across the coastline, we did tug-of-war, we played ball, I took more pictures, I shot videos in every format my camera afforded me, I went back to make more sand castles, destroyed the castles, danced with my girl on the beach, kissed on the beach, took more selfies and finally laid down on the beach and just watched others continue to have fun and find love,..... yes, find love.

Araromi surely brought out a fun part of me i never knew existed, likewise my friends. The fun looked like it should never end ever again.

     In my mind, I thought of all the beautiful things that could be done to this beach, I imagined the attraction it would bring to the state but then, I was here to have fun and I was having it.

     Shortly after, I decided it was time to head home. I could read their faces again. Some looked like they were going to take the fun home with them while others looked like they never wanted to leave again, I got the feeling too.

    Why do all good things ever have to come to an end?....



HOME SWEET HOME!

     We gathered our things and headed back to our bus, turning our backs on Araromi Beach but I knew in my heart that this wasn't enough nor was it the end, I was surely coming back. One time experience is never enough. We got on our bus and drove back home. We began to trade pictures, videos, and stories right there on the bus and before we knew it, we were back home. The journey was over and we had to disperse. Hugs went out, some kisses here and there and we all went our separate ways.

     This is an experience I will cherish for the rest of my life. For every heart racing moment, for every thrill, for every minor and major part of the journey, and for everything that happened in Araromi that must stay in Araromi.

     I can't wait for the next adventure, it's going to be awesome. More pictures and videos below.





THE END

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Movie Review: Bird Box

Last Night